Blog Archive

Friday 27 September 2013

Australian life so far...

We have officially lived in Australia for a month now, and what a month it has been! We have already seen so much that I'm not sure where to start. I planned on writing a few posts before now but technology wouldn't allow me to upload photos and let's face it what's a blog without photos?! So far we have visited Sydney, The Blue Mountains, drove from Sydney to Melbourne and are now staying in Melboune until the beginning of October. 

Sydney was amazing!! The Opera House (which isn't the most attractive building in real-life) was incredible, however, my personal favourite was the Harbour Bridge - especially when it was all light up at night. It was unseasonably hot while we were in Sydney so we decided what better way to spend a lazy Sunday than on Bondi Beach? It was beautiful! However, my favourite part of our stay in Sydney was spending the afternoon and most of the evening in the Opera bar! We chatted away the day over four bottles of my now favourite wine - Shadowfax by Pinot Gris - pizza, wedges and a beautiful fresh rocket salad! It was such a lovely way to celebrate arriving in Australia and a great way to spend our last day in Sydney. 




                           







Sydney really is an incredible city - there is a unique vibe that makes it different from other cities! I definitely would recommend the city to anyone and hope one day I'll be lucky enough to return. Next post..The Blue Mountains! 






No comments:

Post a Comment