Blog Archive

Friday 27 September 2013

The Blue Mountains...

When I first heard of the blue mountains I thought how could they be blue? But because of the Eucalyptus trees, oil, dust particles and water vapour they produce a blue haze making the mountains appear blue (I didn't know this by the way I just googled it)! After staying in Sydney we picked up our camper-van that had rather hilariously been named as a 'Jucy Sleeper'. We thought we'd be really adventurous and find our way using just the map, we managed about 10 minutes before realising we didn't actually know how to use a map and so we headed back to the rental place to pick up a Sat-Nav! Eventually we made our way to a place called Katoomba in the Blue Mountains we spent our first night there. The next day we woke early and explored lots of other little towns within the Blue Mountains as we only planned on spending two days there before heading back Sydney way. I could bore you ticking off all the places we briefly stopped at and how incredibly beautiful they were, but instead I'm just going to show you the photos so you can see for yourselves... 


















No comments:

Post a Comment